21 January 2013

Pride and elegance

Q: One fashion trend you would love to see come back?
A: Its not really a trend, but something I love that has lost its prevalence as time passes. I really wish people would dress up more on a day to day basis. I love being comfortable and carefree as next as the next person, but there is something about a polished, well dressed and put together person that always impresses me. It doesn’t mean you have to be in designer clothes or a fashion icon, but everyone should take more pride in themselves in public. Certain events and activities call for a certain way to dress, and for the majority of those, it doesn’t mean sloppy jeans and a t-shirt. Of course in the fashion industry everyone is always embracing personal style and dressed up, but that’s a small portion of the world. and that’s our job. I would love to see everyone in general taking more pride in how they put themselves together each day.

Mary Kate, interview for Garance Doré